Enjoy fine dining, entertainment and shopping in Carlton with $500 to spend at local businesses. Enter on Instagram before 31 May for your chance to win.
The Carlton Inc. traders’ association is delivering the Carlton Cash competition as part of its work to help local businesses recover from COVID-19 and entice people back to the city.
We have awarded Carlton Inc. a $100,000 Precinct Activation grant to help them in this work. This funding is part of the $100 million Melbourne City Recovery Fund, a partnership with the Victorian Government.
Phillip Mansour, Executive Officer of Carlton Inc., said Carlton Cash winners can spend their prize money at any of the association’s member stores.
10 ways to spend your Carlton Cash winnings
- Enjoy handmade lasagne at Donnini’s
- Treat yourself to a contemporary Japanese feast at Kazuki’s
- Cosy up with fine wine and antipasto at King and Godfree
- See world-class performance at La Mama Theatre
- Start your morning in style with pastries from Brunetti
- Celebrate a special occasion with fine Italian dining at Ti Amo
- Share mouth-watering woodfired pizzas at DOC Pizza and Mozzarella Bar
- Indulge in next-level nibbles and drinks at Heartattack and Vine
- Grab an ice coffee to-go from Parco
- Choose from delicious gelato flavours at Pidapipo
To browse more participating businesses, visit Carlton Inc. members.
Looking to the future, Phillip is optimistic about the recovery of retail and hospitality in Melbourne.
‘Carlton is in a great position and the amount of consumers coming and visiting the precinct is rising,’ Phillip said.
‘Carlton has always had a prominent outdoor dining precinct and it continues to grow now that restrictions are easing.
‘I encourage everyone to get out and about and enjoy everything that Carlton has to offer.’
How to enter Carlton Cash
Follow @carlton_inc on Instagram, like the post about Carlton Cash and tag two friends.
What’s on in your neighbourhood
Carlton Inc. is just one of the local precinct associations making the most of Precinct Activation grants, with initiatives also underway in the central city, Kensington, Docklands and beyond.
Precinct associations are using the grants to stimulate local foot traffic and spending through on-street events and promotions, reduce membership fees for businesses and create five-year strategic plans.
To find out more about these exciting offerings as they take shape, and support local traders year round, browse businesses and events near you at What’s On Melbourne.
What are precinct associations?
Precinct business associations provide a forum for member businesses to share ideas and develop new ways to promote their retail areas and encourage visitation.
We work closely with precinct associations and encourage businesses to become a member of these groups to take advantage of the many opportunities on offer.
The following groups have been awarded Precinct Activation funding through the Melbourne City Recovery Fund:
- Carlton Inc.
- Chinatown Precinct Association
- City Precinct
- Collins Street Precinct Group
- Docklands Chamber of Commerce
- Greek Precinct Association
- North and West Melbourne Precinct Association
- Kensington Business Association
- Yarra River Business Association
If you own a business and want to become a member of your local precinct association, contact the group directly. Find out more about precinct associations.
More support for business owners
Local businesses are the lifeblood of Melbourne, and our support for them is multi-layered and ongoing.
Subscribe to our Business in Melbourne newsletter to for regular news and updates grants, free training and support.
For one-on-one advice, call our dedicated Business Concierge Service on 9658 9658 (press 1 for business), or submit your query online.
To learn more, visit Business support.