Beloved local retail and hospitality businesses across Melbourne are getting a boost thanks to new Business Precinct Program funding.
We are supporting 10 precinct associations with up to $90,000 each to deliver critical business support and promotional activities that stimulate foot traffic and spending as traders recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
The funded groups are:
- Carlton Inc.
- Chinatown Precinct Association
- City Precinct Inc.
- Collins Street Precinct Group
- Docklands Chamber of Commerce
- Kensington Business Association
- Yarra River Business Association
- Lonsdale St Greek Precinct
- Melbourne City North Business Precinct Association
- North and West Melbourne Precinct Association
This new funding is in addition to the $100,000 Precinct Activation grants awarded to the nine associations recognised within the program in February as part of the $100 million Melbourne City Recovery Fund, a partnership with the Victorian Government.
Dine, shop and play in your neighbourhood
Now is a great time to get behind the eclectic and multicultural business in vibrant precincts across the city, and take advantage of special offers and promotions like Docklands Dollars and Carlton Cash.
To find out about exciting local food, retail and entertainment offerings near you, browse businesses and events at What’s On Melbourne and subscribe to the What’s On newsletter to be first in-the-know.
Top tips for business owners
1. Join your local precinct association to take advantage of the many opportunities on offer.
2. Subscribe to our Business in Melbourne newsletter for regular news and updates grants, free training and support.
3. For one-on-one advice, call our dedicated Business Concierge Service on 9658 9658 (press 1 for business), or submit your query online.
4. To learn more, visit Business support.